High Temperature Laser Sintering (HTLS) via Additive Manufacturing Technology
Rapid Designs High Temperature Laser Sintering (HTLS), a breakthrough disruptive manufacturing technology with a high temperature, electrically and thermally-conductive polymer for aerospace and medical applications.
Rapid Designs High Temperature Sintering (HTS) machine processing technology, advanced machine controls and carbon fiber composites, including revolutionary sinterable nanocomposite materials, were developed for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Program through a critical $4MM SBIR Phase II contract awarded by the Air Force Research Laboratory. This pioneering R&D effort deemed HTS one of the most advanced uses of additive manufacturing composite materials available to date. HTS was validated through rigorous qualification protocols established by Northrop Grumman's “B” basis design allowable testing criteria for the F-35.
Benefits of High Temperature Sintering Machine Processing Technology
Rapid Designs HTS exemplifies innovation to the fullest extent, narrowing the gap between what can be imagined and what can be produced via additive manufacturing. 3D CAD solid models are nested and strategically oriented within a build chamber to achieve optimal part densification and repeatable dimensional accuracy. With a CO2 laser, HTS material is polymerized layer-by-layer at .004″ (0.1mm) layer thickness during the sintering process. High temperature laser sintering offers a range of application benefits from cost savings to rapid deployment, including:
- Research and Development:
- Excellent high temperature performance up to 350°C
- Electrically and thermally conductive
- Electrostatic dissipative compliant (ESD)
- EMI/RF shielding
- Superior chemical resistance to alkalines, hydrocarbons, fuels and solvents
- Non-out gassing and well-suited for space applications
- Eliminates traditional manufacturing and assembly constraints
- Eliminates non-recurring engineering costs such as tooling, jigs and assembly fixtures
- Reduces part counts by integration of many parts to one assembly
- Design freedom allows design innovation, eliminates traditional manufacturing constraints
- Low-volume production cost-effective manufacturing solution
- Cost savings through best practices, Just-in-Time and Lean Manufacturing
High Temperature Laser Sintering – Innovative and Ready
Rapid Designs HTS delivers functionalized high temperature composite materials and processing, meeting stringent demands for aerospace safety and reliability. Direct Part Manufacturing (DPM) offers significant lead time savings while improving system affordability. DPM has become a reality for low-volume manufacturing of fly-away parts on manned and unattended systems using 3D CAD digital data.
Contact Rapid Designs – Your High Temperature Laser Sintering Experts
Click Here to Contact Rapid Designs for further assistance with your high temperature laser sintering needs.